Thursday, March 19, 2009

Light Off

Natasha Richardson
11/5/1963 – 18/3/2009

I'm deeply shocked and saddened by the news of her passing.
I find it strange myself that I'm mourning the death of someone I personally do not know. And to be honest, I have perhaps only caught two of her movies. One of which being 'The Parent Trap' and the other, I can't even recall. But it is 'The Parent Trap' that I would have the fondest memory of her. The fondest and sole memory, considering it is the only movie of hers that I can remember. Nonetheless, it was one of my favourite movies at that time, and in fact, it probably still is. The character she portrayed in that movie was a figure of poise and elegance and with a British accent to boot, I could not have been more in awe of her now than I was at the tender age of 10. Her grace, class and sophistication will how I'll forever remember her by.

No comments: