Sunday, January 18, 2009

I Got The Blues

The last thing you'd want after a full meal is to have to eat your own words.

A day after I write that I will not be updating much, I go on and publish three posts (including this). Not that the previous two can be considered proper posts, but still, updates nonetheless.

There is no real objective in this post other than to try and explain my current emotions to myself. It has been a rather solemn week. (I'm really writing just for therapeutic reasons.) I'm not one to take departures easily, hence I feel overwhelmed by a sense of void. I listen to songs that I shouldn't be listening to, knowingly they would only amplify my current state of emotions.

As an aspiring writer, I'm dismayed that I'm unable to describe what I'm feeling. And my limited vocabulary isn't helping either. I want to understand the way I feel but I can't get my head around it. Most of the time I just feel glum when I really don't want to be, but I can't help feeling the way I do. That's probably the reason why I often find myself craving for a fix of alcohol lately. Although, I really ought to be more sensible, cause as much as alcohol makes a wonderful servant, it can be quite a cruel master.

p/s: Consoling oneself with emo songs is formula for a bleeding heart.

1 comment:

Tiffany Toh said...

oh, i totally agree..