Wednesday, March 12, 2008

This Just In

Eliot Spitzer, New York's Governor, has finally decided to step down after putting his family, especially his wife through much undeserved and unfair humiliation. For those who haven't caught wind of this news which has been stirring up quite a buzz in the media, Eliot Spitzer is alleged to have succumbed to the services of prostitution . Ah...it all sounds too familiar. Yet again, another politician is caught embroiled in a sex scandal and the person who is most victimised is not the guilty party but the family of the one who has sinned. Is it at all fair that the ones who have to suffer most are the ones who love him the most?

In other news, Barack Obama looks set to walk the red carpet right into the White House. Almost, at least. It seems foremost certain now that he would be the Democratic Party's candidate for presidency having clinched the state of Mississippi. I am somewhat saddened as I was rooting for Hilary Clinton. Then again, this has completely nothing to do with me, so I really shouldn't be wasting time engaging in such news.

I have no idea why I'm blogging about US politics when our own country is amidst a political frenzy. But I suppose sites like Malaysia Kini, have every single Malaysian news well beyond covered, which is great, really. It's about time our voices be heard. It's about time we speak up. It's about time we speak out.

Come on Malaysia, majulah ke Wawasan 2020!

p/s: I think I've reached a whole new level of cheesy-ness. Blargh. 'Just shoot me'.

No comments: