Sunday, October 25, 2009

Live. Life. Love.

Oh...it's that time of the year again, and hopefully, it'll be the last of it. No, I'm not talking about my period. Nor am I menopausal. I'm talking about the dreaded examination period. Loathe it, loathe it, loathe it! Hate the stress it brings. Hate the chilly late nights in the library it puts me through. Oh for ***'s sake, what's there to like?? I digress.

What I actually really (Is one of the words redundant? Heh.) wanted to say is...we can't like everything about everyone. Because you and me, we are the same. Human on the outside, broken on the inside. We are all running the rat race, racing...wanting...hoping, to get fixed. And sometimes, we get so caught up in this endless, self-defeating, pointless pursuit of wealth, prestige and power, we soon start to forget...about the things that bring us tears, and the things that bring us fears; about the things that bring us joy, and the things that keep us coy. We forget about the people we care. We forget about the people we have. We forget about the people we love. We simply forget.

But in simply forgetting, we will come to realise, it is the people we are blessed to have in our lives and the ones we have chosen to keep that make us whole, that make us beautiful, that make our lives, worth living.

La vita รจ bella.

So, memento vivere.

No comments: