Wednesday, October 14, 2009

For Simply Existing

I haven't been updating my blog, but it is with good reason.

I haven't been inspired.

***

Life, which I have imagined to be a cup of vanilla ice cream with chunks of Oreo cookie, and semisweet chocolate chip cookie dough, and pecan nuts, with a twirl of caramel. Life, which I have pictured to be deck chairs lying on a beach, on an endless stretch of white smooth sand, looking out into a sea of clear blue waters, with gentle waves beating the shore at rhythmic intervals. Life, which I have thought so beautiful, has not been a pretty picture of late. No, it isn't my own life, but rather, the life of others around me, which I am fortunately, or unfortunately apart of; the life of others around me that have painted clouds of grey and waves of violence on my picture of Life. My Life. Tainted.

I have come to conclude, after careful observation, that people (Perhaps I am being too general. And perhaps, even a little too kind.) of late of our generation of my generation have pretty loose moral values, or none of them. A dreadful living society my generation has become. Tragic, to be more precise. It is a living society that is filthy and unhealthy. A living society that I am disgusted of and revolted by, for haplessly being in its presence; for ill-fatedly existing in this lifetime. Oh, fml.

Being a Christian once before, it would be so easy to blame the institution of the church, or religion in general, for the "deterioration" of people, especially having had a personal encounter with one of those people before. A personal encounter that struck a chord, deep within my core. It is them I blame for my lost of faith in Christianity. Them, who attend church and still find it in themselves to commit acts of loose morals. Them, who attend church only to tarnish its reputation it has spent an eternity building. Them, are people not fit to be called humans. I am harsh and yet I am no saint. But at least, I do not disguise the fact that I am not one for I am not a hypocrite.

And I would hate to have to ever meet one of them ever again.

Or maybe, just maybe, I already am in the presence of them for simply, just simply...existing.

1 comment:

karbs said...

grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr