Friday, November 14, 2008

The Last Lecture

...is a New York Times best-selling book written by Randy Pausch, a professor of computer science, human-computer interaction and design at Carnegie Mellon University in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States. (Source: Wikipedia, the free encylopedia.)

One of the valuable life lessons I learnt from reading that book was how to make a good apology, of which there are 3 parts.
  1. I'm sorry.
  2. It was my fault.
  3. How do I make it right.
Most people naturally neglect the third part as I've come to realise of late, and it is actually the more significant part of the three as it demonstrates sincerity. I do believe there is a big difference between a "seriously" and a "sincerely".

Alas, if there was one thing someone has taught me well in recent years is to not care. I never thought I would actually have something to thank you for in my life, maybe aside from contributing to my existence for which I can't even say I'm truly grateful for. But nonetheless, thank you. =)

p/s: Sometimes I wish I could feel again.

No comments: