Saturday, February 23, 2008

A Night on Broadway

Blargh. I kept procrastinating my updates and now everything is disorganised, so just try and bare with me.

***

Thursday, 14 February 2008:

I had this night planned out since end January and was excited when it finally arrived. To cut the long story short, I bought tickets to watch 'A Night on Broadway' at The Actors Studio. But my mum and and aunt never knew about it until 10 minutes before the show.

The day started off like any other ordinary day. I was still somewhat recovering from Wednesday night's boozy-ness (Sean's farewell @ Luna Bar...which I will blog about next.) and my mum and aunt, they just got on with their day doing their everyday chores. It was soon evening when we started getting ready to go out for dinner which I had informed them about since the beginning of the week. We decided to eat at Dome since mummy had 2 RM50 vouchers, so must as well use it. I knew we were running slightly late when dinner was served at 7:30pm. I kept glancing at my watch every now and then in between eating, afraid that we would be late for the show. It was 8:15pm when we finally settled the bill. It was then that I unveiled the surprise. They were both shocked. Nyeh. That's hardly the word that comes to mind, judging from their expressions when I told them. They were just so....placid. Sheesh. But, they did say they were pleasantly surprised though I think they lack the emotional capability to at least look surprised! =P

Densy and her bf were already inside the studio when we got there. (I bought the ticks with her and we got a special package price. Hehe.) As I was getting to my seat, I almost "pk-ed" down the steps but luckily, I managed to save myself the humiliation. Thank God.

Anyway, the evening turned out great. My mum and aunt really enjoyed the show, so that was a great relief. We were all just so blown away by their voices. They were all really just simply amazing. "Ahhh...the best!" The show really really was uber duper fantastic! Magnifico! Superbo! Splendido! My aunt purchased their CDs and we got it autographed.

After the show, we decided to try to Mango Mania in Jalan Telawi. My aunt had always wanted to try it ever since she stumbled upon a review of the place. Nothing too spectacular la. We finally retired from the night after dessert.

It was a memorable night on Broadway indeed. =)

Pictures!:

Ticket Stubs:
Heh. I only bought them for RM81.20 each! What a deal, eh?

Meet the cast:
Tania de Jong, the Soprano

Jonathan Morton, the Baritone

Rebecca Chambers, the Pianist

Rebecca & Jon Bode, the Soprano & the tenor
They're husband and wife. How cute is that! Tee hee.


Soul Sistas!

Aunt & Mum @ Mango Mania

Our dessert, absolutely yoghurt.

X o x o.

No comments: